Mr. McPherson is the founder and CEO of the MSG Financial Payments Group, a New York high profile merchant services and electronic transaction processing firm with regional offices in southern and central New York. In 2000, Mr. McPherson founded MediDirect, a premier provider of medical and dental benefits plans in Canada. He has over 15 years of experience as an insurance and financial planner, and tax and estate planning specialist.
Mr. McPherson is a director of EntrustMCA, a merchant funding business working capital company. He is an active member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and Canadian Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
Chartered Life Underwriters (CLU)
- For years, the CLU designation has been the hallmark of insurance professionalism. Informed consumers recognize the CLU as synonymous with a professional advisor with advanced knowledge of insurance and estate planning matters.
- The comprehensive program equips advisors with the most relevant, up-to-date education in advanced tax issues, estate planning, and law as it applies to financial planners, insurance companies, and negotiation.
Ongoing seminars to accounting professionals.
Case consultation to financial and insurance advisors for
business succession planning, farm estate planning, and individual
estate and retirement planning.
Course moderator for the financial services association.
Provides ongoing weekly and bi-weekly training seminars
to insurance and financial advisors.
Serves on the advisory council for the para-financial planning
The Financial Advisors Association of Canada (Advocis)
- In September 2002, members of the Canadian Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (CAIFA) and the Canadian Association of Financial Planners (CAFP) voted in favour of merging their two groups to create Advocis, Canada’s largest association of professional financial advisors, with members in 50 Chapters across the country.
- Advocis members advise their clients on the short- and long-term financial needs of individuals, families, and owners of small and medium-sized businesses. Our members provide financial services that are limited only by the needs of their clients. Those services include financial planning, estate planning, tax preparation, tax planning, and consultation on employee group benefits, pensions and retirement plans.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- STEP is the professional body for the trust and estate profession worldwide. As such, STEP is a unique international intellectual resource which ensures its members prosper by maintaining the highest professional values.
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriters (CALU)
- CALU was formed in 1991 to provide services to Advocis members who specialize in the area of advanced life underwriting. CALU members provide personal financial, business succession, estate planning and employee benefits services to their clients, many of whom are the owners of family businesses, large and small.
- Members of CALU provide experienced and dynamic leadership for the wide range of activities designed to enhance the professional competence of advanced life underwriters.